• Eigenständig gehostete oder lokal installierte Instanzen sind komplexer in der Einrichtung und Fehlerbehebung und erfordern daher kostenpflichtigen technischen Support. Kostenlosen Support erhalten Sie mit 3CX StartUP oder einer gehosteten 3CX-Installation mit einen unterstützten SIP-Trunk-Anbieter.

Unassigning Phones to Extension

frankd

Hi,

as far as I know, there is no way to unassign a phone from an extension. This is really a pain for managing the system. At the moment you cannot assign a phone to a new extension, unless you have deleted the old extension first, or you somehow killed the MAC by pasting a new MAC above.

At the moment the use of the "add to existing extension" functionality will get you in a dead-end, if there has been an other phone assinged before. Once you add an extension this way, there will still be the "old" extension" and you cannot get rid of it. Sometimes the number of phones for an extension changes and there simply is no way to delete (unassign) a phone from the extension.

Deleting the extension is a pain, because you loose all the settings and sometimes other phones are assigned to the extension and are ment to stay.

How do you guys handle this? Am I missing something?

Of cource I am using work-arounds, too. Like pasting one MAC address over an old MAC address, deleting extensions etc. but I think the "unassigning" of phones to extensions is really a core functionality, which would make our beloved system a lot more easier to handle for me.

Best regards Frank

Hello Frank,

I "unassing" a Phone at the Extension the folowing way:

Open the Extension
delete the MAC Adress
and selecte Telephone Model: "Select Telephone Model"
Than save the extension

Regards

Peter

Hello Peter,

thank you so much. This is what I was looking for. I had tried to delete the MAC and to choose "Select Telphone Model" but not both at the same time.
Works like a charm.

Regards Frank

Zurzeit aktive Besucher

Keine Mitglieder online.

Statistik des Forums

Themen
Mitglieder
Neuestes Mitglied
Serticloud
Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!

Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX register cta
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.